Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lisa Marie

The Car..
It was smashed all the way to the center console. This was one time it was good to not have a seatbelt on. When they found her she was curled up in the passenger seat..

I'm pretty sure there were angels watching over her.


Amie in the ICU with our sweet Lisa Marie
She is so precious..
So for the first week she had no short term memory and she would constantly ask where she was, what happened, who hit her, etc etc.. and I told her once that we were at the hospital in murray and it was close to the cottonwood hospital where I was born and asked her if she remembered how she took care of me then.. The next night she was asking Amie what happened and everything.. She was quiet for a second and had a worried look on her face and asked.. "Am I pregnant?" haha it was so cute!

Christmas Day

I wanted to watchover and comfort her like she has done for me my entire life, she is so giving..

She was in so much pain those first few days yet whenever a family member came in she was only concerned about them. Your true character comes out in times like these and hers was truley selfless.. I am amazed

A Picture is worth 1000 words.. and this one really is, you can feel the love they have for eachother when you see this.. It broke my dads heart to have her have to go through this and be in so much pain.. Its kind of like how they say twins can literally feel eachothers pain, he felt it with mom.. I will forever look up to them for showing me how a marriage should be..

FULL of Love


5 comments:

Karly Barker said...

Ali! We spent Christmas in the hospital too. I truly hope everything is ok. She's in my prayers!

Heidi Madsen said...

Ali, you are so sweet. I love your mom to pieces. We are extremely grateful that she is alright. Your entire family has always been a wonderful example to me. I love the way all of you handled this situation. So prayerful, faithful and full of love. Thank you for being you. Thank you for the posts. I hope you are doing well. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon. We love you!

Jessica Madsen said...

I can't explain the love I felt while with your family for a brief time in the hospital. I have said it before, and I'll say it till the day I die...you have one of thee most amazing families. So full of love, acceptance, and appreciation for one another. And we all know all of that stems from your truly extraordinary mother. Lisa's goodness is truly outstanding, and just like you said... amazing. I have to smile when I think of all the funny things she would say those first few days after the crash. She is such a hoot! I am glad my dad got to go up to the hospital as well. As you know, our parents have been friends since before we were born! So my dad and I had many talks over the holidays about how grateful we are sweet Lisa is still with us. How would this world be without such a tender, beautiful, fun, halirious woman?! She is a christmas miracle. What more could we ask for? Family truly IS everything, Keep on keeping us posted! We love you with all our hearts!

Chad and Starr said...

Madison had told me she saw something about the accident on facebook, but we had no idea how bad it was. I was so relieved to see Amie at church and hear that she was doing well! We will continue to keep her in our prayers and she continues to heal..What a strong spirit she has! It's good to see you haven't given up on your blog too!:) We love hearing from you!

Josh and Ashley said...

Ali - Why did I not know that you had a blog?! I found it on Jessica's blog...and I am so happy I did! You are going on the list haha!
I loved this post...I will never forget being in the hospital with your family on Christmas. It was such a special experience for everyone there. Seeing the love that your dad has for your mom is something that I will always hold onto. It brought me to tears that day! I love your family and you know that. Thank you for being such a great friend! Love you1